ZipChip | "The New Way to Play"(5 pcs )
What is ZipChip?
- DISTANCE: The ZipChip is designed to be used at various distances. Play catch at short range for leisure or spread way out to test your skill. We've gotten the ZipChip to fly over 200 ft. / 65 yds. Can you?
- POCKET-SIZE: The ZipChip is ultra-portable. This enables spontaneous fun in never-before-played locations. Take it everywhere. We do.
- STABLE FLIGHT: This is what makes throwing and catching possible. Level release = level flight. Angled release = curved flight. That equates to predictable and accurate throws.
- FLOATING: The ZipChip is buoyant and ready to be played with at the beach or pool.
- SOFT and FLEXIBLE: Our goal was to make the ZipChip soft for confident catches. The elastomer material is even recyclable.
- MANUFACTURED in CONNECTICUT: “Made in our backyard, played in yours" is our motto here. Conception through the construction of the ZipChip is a local endeavor. We are partnering with an injector and mold maker in-state so we can be hands-on every step of the way.
Using your Zipchip
The ZipChip works best as a game of throw-and-catch between two or more people. Start close to getting dialed in and warmed up. Slowly spread out to really ramp up the fun. You will notice that due to its lightweight, arm fatigue is low which allows for extended sessions. This makes the ZipChip great for kids.
Catching can be done with one or two hands. We recommend starting with two as you get accustomed to how the ZipChip flies. It zips in a unique way. Once you've got a beat on it, test your skills with one-handed catches.
How to throw?
Throwing the ZipChip is just like skipping a stone, except you're not trying to skip it. Imagine you're standing waist-deep water. Now, try to skip the ZipChip on the fictitious water's surface. This means the ZipChip is designed to be thrown forehand, not backhand as you would a Frisbee.
The more you throw the ZipChip the better you will get, and the more fun you'll have. The following graphics are to show you how it's done. Get ready to "Grip it and Zip it".
Hold the ZipChip in your throwing hand with the domed side up. Place your index finger in the groove around the ZipChip's perimeter. The exact placement of your other fingers is less critical. The thumb may be on the tip or edge. The remaining three fingers will be underneath the ZipChip. Experiment with different grips to maximize performance. Just remember that the grip should be gentle.
Now you're ready to Zip It. Every successful throw combines the following two factors upon release: Spin and Angle.
- Spin: Maximizing spin will combat the enemy of the ZipChip; wobble. Generate spin by rolling the ZipChip off the index fingertip.
- Angle: The ZipChip must be released level for a straight flight. To do this, the forearm must be horizontal (like the arm of the ZipChip PRO logo).
One added tip: don't be afraid to zip it with some force. This will help you get the correct amount of spin.